Sunday, August 30, 2009

Held Captive on a Lazy Weekend

 

This was a fairly lazy weekend for us here in Georgia.  Last night as I was attempting to go outside to retrieve something from my vehicle, this giant spider put a damper on my efforts. It’s entire web spanned from one post to the other on my side porch making exit from that doorway impossible (unless of course I wanted to be wrapped up in a sticky web fighting off it’s contractor!)  I don’t even have a wide enough angled lens to get a shot of the entire web. 
 
 
This morning though, the web and it’s homeowner were no where to be seen. 
 
Later in the day found Anna and I doing “crafts” with materials we have around the house.  Here are a couple of shots of our Faux Leather Harry Potter Wizard Wands.
 
 
 
These were made with an 8 1/2”x11” piece of copy paper, hot glue, “Elmo’s” glue, and acrylic paint.  It was easy – took about an hour.  Maybe when we do our next couple (we want to make some with different colors) I’ll photograph Anna and post a picture tutorial.  We really enjoyed our time today and want to make a lot more magic wands.  Maybe they’ll even bring a little magic our way!

1 comment:

  1. Hey guyz, nice blog here. I use rescue tape for most of my repairs. It's nice, you should try it!

    ReplyDelete